Jen has been crafting since she was tiny, she was inspired by her Gran to knit, crochet, embroider, sew and make buttons and has spent the last 35 years with something woolly in her hands and in 2011 (after years of dreaming of owning a yarn shop) she set up Beaker Button and this gave her the time and resources to really explore Dorset buttons and what you can do with them.
She has written four button books, and several smaller instruction booklets to get people addicted to making buttons. She teaches classes all over the country in various forms of button making. They are without a doubt the crafting love of her life.
Jen is currently planning the next Dorset button craft book, and developing a new range of kits with art buttons, like her My tree of life hanging button.
Bringing button kits and other woolly goodies to several craft events and shows throughout the year, they also hold events and special workshops at their studio and stock a whole host of yarns, tools and accessories in their bricks and mortar shop at Weyhill in Hampshire.
- Yarns from Malabrigo, West Yorkshire Spinners, Manos del Uruguay, Fyberspates, Mrs Moon, Rosie's Moments, Patons, Juniper Moon, Debbie Bliss, Mirasol, Lotus Yarns, Rosie's Moments, Beaker Button Hand dyed.
- Tools from Hiya Hiya, Knit Pro, Prym, Essetials, Fleece Loved Products.
- Through the Rainbow needle felting kits & Crafts from the Dungeon Palm Weaving kit with Beaker Button thread.
- Books from Search Press and Interweave & Patterns from the above yarn companies.
- Project bags handmade by Maggie from Mags Rags and Bags & Needle rolls and project bags by Ripley's Makes.
- Buttons of the commercial variety in various sizes, shapes and colours
- Spindles hand made in Gloucester
- Mill Hill Beads size 6 for knitting and crochet