MintBee is committed to using only the most gorgeous yarn to create beautiful things for you to work your own magic with, or just to add to your collection...
I am an independent hand-dyer, offering luxurious yarns coloured in small batches at my home in Hertfordshire.
MintBee yarns are created with professional acid dyes in a smoke- and pet-free home. We work in small batches, and whilst some colourways are repeatable, there may be unique differences from skein to skein and batch to batch due to the nature of the hand-dye process. If you need to use more than one skein of a particular colourway for a single project we suggest that you alternate rows. Unless otherwise stated, all yarns are hand wash only.
In the final step of the dyeing process our yarns are gently washed in SOAK and left to line dry. We endeavour to rinse all dye residue out but some very strong colours may run slightly when you first wash them. Once dry they are kept here in airtight bags scented with a blend of essential oils to keep them clean and free from textile pests.
At any given time we aim to offer a selection of the following luxurious bases. Because wool is lovely, but things that smoosh and glimmer with cashmere, alpaca, camel or silk are lovelier.
- BEEBLISSFUL: 70% baby alpaca, 20% silk, 10% cashmere
- BEEGORGEOUS: 70% merino, 30% silk singles
- BEEINDULGENT: 100% mulberry silk
- BEEJEWELLED: 75% extrafine merino, 20% silk, 5% stellina
- BEELUSCIOUS: 80% superwash merino, 10% nylon, 10% cashmere
- BEEOPULENT: 60% superwash merino, 20% silk, 20% yak
- BEEROYAL: 50% baby camel, 50% mulberry silk
- BEESCRUMPTIOUS: 80% superwash merino, 20% silk
- BEESPLENDID: 55% bluefaced leicester, 45% silk
- BEESUMPTUOUS: 70% superwash merino, 20% silk, 10% cashmere